The department of pulmonary sciences at Aakash Healthcare is a high-tech fully-equipped facility committed to transform the scientific findings and experimental discoveries into viable treatment alternatives for respiratory ailments, basic therapeutic issues and sleeping disorders.
The Pulmonology division provides comprehensive lung care to patients with lung diseases such as asthma, COPD, ILD, allergic disorders, pleural effusion, resistant and life threatening infectious diseases, cases with acute and chronic respiratory failure and multisystem disorders affecting the lungs. We provide cutting edge clinical assessment, analysis and treatment for nearly every pulmonary condition and disease.
Our Specialty services include:
- Interventional Pulmonology and Bronchoscopy - This is a super subspecialty of Pulmonology where minimally invasive procedures are carried out to diagnose and treat a range of lung disorders using advanced bronchoscopy and thoracoscopic techniques.
- Non-invasive Pulmonology - It involves the diagnosis and management of a range of pulmonary diseases related to pulmonary medicine including difficult, systemic and auto-immune disorders.
- EBUS TBNA and Radial Probe EBUS - With endoscopic ultrasound technology, the diagnosis of almost all lung lesions can be done with minimally invasive interventions. The EBUS - TBNA is used to diagnose the lesions around the large airways and with Radial Probe EBUS peripheral lung lesions can be accessed.
- Pulmonary Critical Care - We provide specialized Pulmonary Critical Care for acute life threatening respiratory diseases
- Sleep Medicine - Here we deal with snoring, insomnia, excessive sleepiness and psychosomatic sleep related disorders along with the treatment of sleep related disorders like obstructive sleep apnea and obesity hypoventilation using CPAP and BIPAP devices.
- Infectious Diseases - Our doctors are expert in diagnosing and treating infectious diseases with the support of advanced lung interventions and microbiology lab.