Ophthalmology & Refractive Surgery
Think about your existence without eyes and you will agree how important they are. It's a blessing to be able to see, and standard screening of eyes is important. The department of Ophthalmology at Aakash Healthcare is committed to give best in class, exhaustive therapeutic, surgical and re-productive facilities. Our team of highly experienced surgeons aided bypath breaking technology treat almost every eye care problem, from vision care for premature babies, children or vision difficulties, which come with aging.
The Ophthalmology department at Aakash Healthcare offers best in class eye surgeons, highly sophisticated medical equipment, and excellent post operation care, all accessible under single roof.
Our speciality services include:
- Lasik: It's a corrective eye surgery that uses advanced wave-front technology, followed by microsurgery, using a sophisticated laser to reshape the cornea. The procedure is performed in 30 minutes and can be used to correct near-sightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
- Cataract: The procedure involves making a small incision in the eye and taking out the cataract using ultrasonic power.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a condition characterized by increased pressure in the eye/ raised intraocular pressure. The patient is thoroughly examined before undergoing treatment.
- Squint: Squint or crossed eye is a condition in which eyes point in different directions. The treatment usually involves eye glasses or surgery.
- Vitreo-retinal disease: The Ophthalmology department provides diagnostic, medical and surgical treatment for vitreous and retinal diseases like retinal holes, retinal detachment, diabetic retinopathy (DR), age-related macular degeneration (AMD) using laser surgery and sophisticated techniques like Vitreoctomy for surgical procedures.