Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences
The department of Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences at Aakash Healthcare is an integrated psychological wellness care unit that provides clinical assessment and treatment for people with psychological and behavioural problems.
Aakash Healthcare is one of the largest mental health care providers in the private sector, our team comprises of psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, counselling psychologists, psychoanalytical psychotherapists, art therapists, special educators and occupational therapists.
We strive to improve the mental health of our benefactors, and inspire hope and trust among our benefactors, their families, and the community.
Our Services include -
Emotional instability like any physical ailment seeks care and treatment.
Our specialty psychiatric services include:
- Pharmacotherapy: De-addiction treatment for alcohol, nicotine and substance abuse.
- Individual counselling.
- Premarital counselling.
- Career counselling.
- Marital therapy and family therapy.
Child and juvenile services:
- Learning difficulties.
- Sleeping and eating problems.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Conduct problems: aggressive, defiant, truanting, and destructive behavior.
- Fearful separation anxiety.
- Autistic spectrum disorders (ASD).
- Depressive disorders.
- Drug abuse dependence.
- Sexual deviant behavior.
- Anxiety Disorders: phobias, generalized anxiety disorders, panic attacks, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and Dissociative Disorder.
- Mood disorders: Depression, bipolar affective disorder, and dysthymia.
- Psychotic disorders: Schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorders, and delusional disorder.
- Sleeping and eating disorders: bulimia, and anorexia nervosa.
- Sexual disorders.
- Substance abuse.
- Gender identity disorders.