Ophthalmology & Refractive Surgery
Think about your existence without eyes and you will agree how important they are. It's a blessing to be able to see, and standard screening of eyes is important. Aakash Eye care is committed to give best in class, exhaustive investigative and therapeutic facilities. Our team of highly experienced surgeons, aided by path-breaking technology, treat almost every eye care issue, from vision care for premature babies and children to vision difficulties that arise as a result of aging.
The Ophthalmology department at Aakash Healthcare offers best in class eye surgeons, highly sophisticated medical equipment, and excellent post operation care, all accessible under single roof.
Our speciality services include:
- LASIK: Many people wear glasses or contact lenses to see well, but some consider them as great inconvenience. They just want to enjoy good vision without glasses or contacts. Thanks to medical advancements, this is possible now. Minimally invasive surgery, for example SMILE, is quickly becoming the standard of care in many medical ﬁelds, also in refractive surgery. Today, most refractive errors can be treated with Laser Vision Correction. To Know more Click here
- Cataract: Cataracts are usually managed by a surgical procedure where the natural lens that has become opaque due to cataract is removed by phacoemulsification through a 2.2 mm incision (Micro Incision Cataract Surgery), and an Introcular Lens (IOL) is then placed. A wide range of IOLs may be implanted according to the patient needs, including monofocal, multifocal and toric IOLs
- Paediatric Ophthalmology: Trained specialists and special equipment for examination of children with eye disorders, and treatment of the same.
Download Eye Care in Children-PIL
- Squint: Squint or crossed eye is a condition in which eyes point in different directions. This condition require treatment early in childhood. The treatment may involve eye glasses, exercises or surgery.
- Cornea: Investigation and treatment of all disorders of the cornea. Procedures done include highly skilled surgical procedures including corneal transplants (full thickness and lamellar), artificial cornea
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a condition characterized by increased pressure in the eye/ raised intraocular pressure and damage to the optic nerve. The patient is thoroughly examinedby specialised equipment before undergoing treatment, medical or surgical.
- Oculoplasty: Disorders of the eyelid, tear drainage apparatus, orbit are routinely managed. Managed of tumours of the eye, including eyelid and orbit.
- Aesthetics: Management of furrow lines, fat atrophy and hollowing as a result of aging or trauma may be done with Botox or Fillers or a combination of the two.
- Vitreo-retinal disease: The Ophthalmology department provides diagnostic, medical and surgical treatment for vitreous and retinal diseases like retinal holes, retinal detachment, diabetic retinopathy (DR), age-related macular degeneration (AMD) using laser surgery and sophisticated techniques like Vitreoctomy for surgical procedures.
Download Diabetic Retinopathy-PIL
- Neuro-opthalmology: Diagnosis and treatment of both simple and complex problems of the optic nerve.
- Uvea: Management of various kinds of uveal disorders.
- Trauma: All kinds of trauma in and around the eyes are treated appriopriately by medical or surgical means, including a 24 hour emergency.